Tuesday, November 09, 2004

It's all about being a thinking woman...

I'm not sure what prompts folks to start a blog or even what's up with this one except lately I've been having stuff I want to say, out loud and yet not inflict it on the people on my forum. I view the forum at cpltrainer as not completely mine, you see, in an odd sort of way, even though I both own and maintain it.

The forum began when I knew that eventually another forum that many of my friends and acquaintances inhabited was nearing melt-down. There was a lot of censorship, banning, secrets and general weirdness coming from the top down so I decided to open shop on someplace that would be basically a self-censoring (if most of the people there don't like what you say, they either give you a buttload of crap or totally ignore you) and other than light maintainence and adding whatever sort of cool things I could find to it, just let it free flow. It's worked for almost a year, hope it has a good run.

I'm a middle aged woman and for some, that says it all. However, I am also a National Rifle Association certified firearms instructor, a Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor and a Second Amendment activist. I'm a Conservative, I believe in the Constitution, I'm a Republican and I'm also a former bleeding heart, Anti-Gun, Liberal. Over the coming days or months or however long I actually keep up with this, I'm sure I'll tell you how I got to where I am from where I was and a whole lot about the stops in between.

I'm a mother (of three), a grandmother (of five) and a high school science teacher. I'm also sister to two living women and one living man, but was once a sister to a veritable tribe. If cancer and other such nastiness hadn't killed so many of them, I'd be a lot happier.

Maybe the best thing I do, the happiest thing I do, is be a wife to Felix. He is bright, funny, patient and endlessly kind. He is also the love of my life, which is a very cool thing to be able to say when you're a kind of not so young babe. Or, come to think of it, not much of a babe at all.

We just finished up a wonderful, victorious election but frankly, I'll talk about that more as time goes by. I really just want to get this first post out of the way, finally!

And then get my youngest kid out of the house and over to his sisters so my husband and I can watch Get Shorty. How can my husband have never seen Get Shorty, for heaven's sake. Of course, I've never sat all the way through Das Boot in German before, either.

So.... more later.... personally, I think I have some pretty good stories to tell but for heaven's sake, if you're anti-gun, anti-US, anti-freedom, anti-practicality, go the hell away now.