Monday, February 02, 2009

What Rush Limbaugh Really Said....

Here’s what Limbaugh actually said on his Jan. 16 radio program:

If I wanted Obama to succeed, I'd be happy the Republicans have laid down. And I would be encouraging Republicans to lay down and support him. Look, what he's talking about is the absorption of as much of the private sector by the U.S. government as possible, from the banking business, to the mortgage industry, the automobile business, to health care. I do not want the government in charge of all of these things. I don't want this to work. So I'm thinking of replying to the guy, "Okay, I'll send you a response, but I don't need 400 words, I need four: I hope he fails.

Moment later, Limbaugh on that same Jan. 16 radio program, Limbaugh told his listeners that Obama’s
“ideas and policies are what count for me, not his skin color, not his past, not whatever ties he doesn't have to being down with the struggle, all of that's irrelevant to me.”

The Main Stream Media is, collectively and singularly, idiotic.