Sunday, May 14, 2006

Life's moments....

Someone sent me this link today - it being Mother's Day and all. Watching it, I thought back over raising my boys.

I raised two - they're 25 and 37 now.

When the youngest was about ten, the two of them were wrestling around in the family room and the elder knocked the other's (already loose) tooth out - the younger promptly swallowed it, choking half to death as it apparently got stuck on his uvula or something part way down and then, ticked off because his big brother was laughing at him, just as promptly kicked his brother in the face, giving him a bloody nose.

I came around the corner to find them both covered in blood and my older son, in his early twenties, on the floor cradling his bloody face, with my younger son standing over him, blood pouring down his chin and shirt, screaming, "I want my f***ing tooth back."

The tableau froze.

I was.... well, let's just say, less than amused at the time, but even now it makes me laugh.....