Saturday, October 08, 2005

I think we damaged his calm...

Or perhaps more on target, she did.

About three years ago, I watched a marriage come apart. It was not the least bit entertaining. Off and on since then, some things have been.

Went to the movies tonight with a great friend and a goodly woman (all in one body, how cool is that?) and saw Serenity.

Well, first we went to dinner but that's a whole 'nother post altogether. But let me just say that I would love to know if the manager was accurate in his assessment of, "There's gonna be trouble..."

The movie was really good - lots of fun and probably all the more so for the company. I won't dwell on it. If you like action and guns and adrenaline and witty repartee, you'll love this movie.

We're on our way out, scurrying for the "Ladies Room" because, after all, this was a two hour action packed flick and neither of us got up and went to the loo, fercripesake, but as we exit, with her rounding the corner to the left because she's younger and faster (we won't even address better looking because that has zero to do with speed) and I look to the right and there's her ex.

And I say, "Hey..." and kind of flip my hand up in a half-ass sort of wave because he's still my husband's pal and all that and.......

His eyes roll right over me like I'm not even there and focus a little bit past me and then he gets this deer in the headlights look and.......

Flees.

One of those truly abstract moments in life.

Go check out Bug Eyed Earl - it's been a while.

I mean to say.